Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pet Peeve...


I really hate finding an eyeshadow I love and having it fall apart on me…  Especially if it was expensive or I had to order it online and wait (what always seems like) forever for it.  This was the case for NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Cleo and two of my Sugarpill pressed eyeshadows.  Granted, this was during traveling and I should have packed my shadows more carefully but it still happened.  I guess I could have salvaged the Sugarpill shadows (Bulletproof, a matte black, and Tako, a matte white) by using them as loose pigments but, because I was traveling, there were none of my little containers handy.  The NARS duo was beyond hope as they had blended all together.

The Sugarpill shadows are wonderfully inexpensive and very well pigmented, not to mention fun, but I chose to replace them with something that I knew wouldn't turn to dust on me: INGLOT freedom palettes.  But that's a subject for another blog.

NARS Cleo is such a beautiful combo but what impressed me most about it and other NARS duos I've used is how subtle the shimmer is.  So many brands use the terms "shimmer" and "frost" interchangeably.  I think of shimmer as a slightly more delicate sheen, for lack of a better description.  I only wish that NARS was a bit less expensive so it wasn't so hard to justify buying a replacement.

It's interesting to note that while Cleo, Tako and Bulletproof crumbled on me, NARS eyeshadow duo Nouveau Monde as well as Sugarpill's Poison Plum and Afterparty made the same trip without incident.

And the moral of the story, girls and boys?  Either be kinder to your shadows when traveling or only take things you know are secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment